On 25-Mar-99 Eric Shafto wrote:
> The examples given in the documentation are a little sparse and I was
> hoping to find out the answer to this without going through the trial
> and error process.
>
> I want my server to work as an SMTP relay from machines within my
> network.  There are two solutions given for turning on relaying based on
> the address of the client, one using tcpwrappers and one using
> tcpclient.  Will tcpwrappers allow me to specify a range of addresses as
> it appears tcpclient will?  Is one of these solutions generally easier,
> simpler, more effective, more efficient, or more generally useful?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Actually it's tcpserver not tcpclient (but they're both in the same
package).  tcpserver is the best way to go.  You can specify ranges
of addresses too.  And best of all, it has NOTHING to do with inetd.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2