Mahlon Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> perl script sucks it in, adds a header, and re-pipes it onward to
> qmail-inject at a different address.  This parts works great.  The
> problem:  As soon as the message is replied to (using pretty much any
> MUA under the sun), the header mysteriously disappears.  Perhaps I am
> writing it to the wrong spot?

Er... I could be misunderstanding here, but since you specifically said
"replied to," could it be that you're working from an incorrect
assumption?  Headers in a message aren't copied into replies to that
message.  Is that what you're trying to do?

If not, I don't understand.  What does it mean that the header disappears
when the message is replied to?  Do you mean that the copy of the message
stored in that person's mailbox is altered so that the header is no longer
present?

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])         <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>