Dirk Alboth wrote/schrieb/scribsit:
> Now the "true" sender name will be ${TCPREMOTEINFO}@${TCPREMOTEHOST}
> environment variable which is available to qmail-smtpd and also
> (thanks to "execv") to qmail-queue.  This requires an identd to run on
> the NT box, of course.

Here's what I do in similar cases, though it may not be applicable to your
case: If you have a Samba server, you can get ident info from the smbstatus
command. Basically grab the logged-in username from the line with
$TCPREMOTEIP in it and put it into TCPREMOTEINFO. Thanks to
tcp{server,client} this is even possible if the Samba and qmail server are
different machines. This can be a 10 line /bin/sh wrapper to qmail-smtpd.

> However, I'd like to bounce the mail if the identd-server is not
> running on the other side (and hence $TCPREMOTEINFO will be empty).
> This however seems hard to do with a wrapper.

Not at all. If a shell script offends thee, take a look at the rblsmtpd
code.

Stefan