D. J. Bernstein wrote:
>Steven Levis writes:
>> Does anyone know at one point these were implemented?
>
>Both tcpto and the quadratic retry schedule appeared in qmail 0.74. The
>2-minute restriction on tcpto appeared in qmail 0.93. What are you
>trying to change?
>
>---Dan

Trying to change the behavior of the retry schedule to handle hosts
which cause connections to hang on most, but not all, incoming SMTP
conversations.

The few connections that are accepted by the remote host seem to
clear the host-is-dead flag.  At this point, all allocated qmail-remotes
get caught up retrying connections to this host.

Thanks.  I may change the flag to be a counter of some sort, or some
other modification that will impact qmail's behavior the least.
===
Steven Levis