On Sat, Jan 02, 1999 at 01:28:08AM +0100, Peter van Dijk wrote:
> No that's a great idea. Have rpm spawn an external -_possibly_tampered_with_-
> binary to verify qmail. Then having a control file with the uids in it sounds
> safer to me.

While I agree with you completely, I'm really looking forward to
someone coming up with a brilliant, simple way of doing this.  AFAIK
the only way to do it would be 2-stage verification - verify the
djb-verifier, and if it checks out, then run it on the binary.  This
isn't any worse then the current setup.  It's just a giant PITA,
because you'd have to maintain a small-scale fork to a package that is
*very* widely used.

-Peter