On Thu 1999-03-25 (14:45), [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi there,
>   I know it's a little bit off the topic of this list. Please accept my
> apology here. I just try to find out anybody out there has ever tried this
> combination before.
>
>   Here is the script to start the daemon:
> #! /bin/sh
> ROG=sshd
> LKDIR=/var/lock/sshd
>
> mkdirs() {
>     [ -d $LKDIR ] || ( mkdir -p $LKDIR );
> }
>
> start () {
>   mkdirs
>   echo -n "Starting $PROG..."
>   supervise $LKDIR /usr/local/sbin/$PROG &
>   echo "done"
> }
>
>   But the supervise somehow thinks the sshd is dead and keeps starting
> it, giving out the following messages continuously:
>
>   Starting sshd...FATAL: Creating listener failed: port 22 probably
> already in use!
>
>   The sshd program is downloaded and compiled from
> http://www.ssh.fi/sshprotocols2/index.html

I remember hacking at Mate Wierdl's tcpserver-initscripts package to make it
use ssh instead of rsh, and IIRC I had to use sshd -i rather than just sshd.
This prevents it from forking and putting itself in the background.

  - Keith

--
Keith Burdis - MSc (Com Sci) - Rhodes University, South Africa
Email   : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from a perl script"

Standard disclaimer.
---