Richard Letts writes:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Mark E Drummond wrote:
>
> > Here we have a serious problem folks. Sendmail had a "fix" out for
> > Melissa very shortly after it came out, and we are sitting pretty. I
> > made a big push here to move our org to qmail because qmail seemed to be
> > way superior. Now I am really ticked by my inability to write/use simple
> > rulesets to solve this problem.
>
> laughs
>
> so you want to randomly reject mail which contains a subject of Important
> mail from something ???
>
> it's hardly a sensible fix, really now is it??

Furthermore, if I really cared for it, it would take me about five minutes
to program my Qmail relay to reject the Mellissa virus, however, for
various reasons that I don't care to get into, I am not susceptible to this
or other MS-based viruses.

Some people seem to expect for everything to be handed down to them on a
silver platter.  Block a virus?  Here, flip this switch.  Reject mail with
a bad return address?  Here, push this button.  Configure your site for
selective relaying?  Just type this command.

Nope, it doesn't work this way.  Read the docs, read the man pages, it's
all there.

--
Sam