At 06:25 PM Tuesday 3/30/99, Niklas Alberth wrote:
>Hi!
>
>It's me again with the virtualdomain dot-qmail/fastforward problems.
>
>virtualdomains:
>netdata.nu: netdata
>
>~/netdata/.qmail-niklas:
>&niklas
>
>but qmail just delivers all mail for [EMAIL PROTECTED] and @netdta.nu to
>localuser netdata,

Gosh. It's doing exactly what you asked it to do.

Tell me. What is:

virtualdomains:
netdata.nu: netdata

precisely telling qmail to do?

And I mean precisely.

> I want it to go to localuser niklas.

Sure. That's easy.

>Wheres the catch?

It is really really really worth understanding precisely what a
virtualdomain entry does. It's not hard and life will be much much easier
once you do. Unless of course you want to continue to believe that mail
delivery is handled by whimsical elves - that only people on this list
understand.

>Can I take care of all this with fastforward, how?

Yes. But you'd probably need to learn how it works too if you want to be
able to manage aliases properly and reliably. Life's a bitch huh?

Regards.