Hmmm....  The following might be a useful technique.  I don't need it
myself, but if someone does, could they report back to me on its
usefulness?

Let's say that you've had a host in control/locals (let's say that
it's "services.net"), and you want to add another address to it
without making that address accessible via all your other locals.
That means that you have to move it to control/virtualdomains.  Of
course, you don't know what addresses are actually in use, without
tracking them over a long period of time.  Do the following steps:

1) stop qmail
2) remove the host from control/locals
3) add the host to control/virtualdomains (services.net:alias-services)
4) create ~alias/.qmail-services-default with this line in it:
    |forward "$LOCAL"
5) put your new alias in a file named ~alias/.qmail-services-NEWADDRESS

This creates a mapping from all the current addresses @services.net to
the same addresses @`cat /var/qmail/control/me`, and adds the new
address which is only @services.net.

--