Honestly, I agree with you 100%, but pointy haired boss's get a strange
look on their face when you give them the "we'll just get rid of them"
answer.  So, what is an admin to do when your boss doesn't want to remove
the user, but also doesn't want to be getting 1000 hate mail messages from
your customers selling the get rich plan.

This user was warned, and I did what I could to remove his messages in the
queue, but I'm still seeing an occassional bounce back.  What sucks is a
lot of these guys don't care what you tell them as long as they're on long
enough to get their 100,000 messages out the door.

-jeremy

> XxEDGExX writes:
>  > Russ writes:
>  > > Tell him that if he does it again, you're going to give him an early Y2K.
>  >
>  > PFfft.  HAHA.
>  >
>  > Thanks :-)
>
> No, I'm serious.  Some problems are better suited to a social than a
> technological solution.  If your own user is misbehaving, you tell
> them to behave.  If they don't, you whack their entire access.  Why
> should you be burdened with trying to install capability limiting when
> a simple "Don't do this again." should be sufficient?
>
> --
> -russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://crynwr.com/~nelson
> Crynwr supports Open Source(tm) Software| PGPok |   There is good evidence
> 521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice |   that freedom is the
> Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   |   cause of world peace.

http://www.xxedgexx.com | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Y2K.  We're all gonna die.