On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Chris Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 05:12:26PM -0500, Greg Owen {gowen} wrote:
> >     rcpthosts and locals on 'list.scansoft.com' do contain
> > 'list.scansoft.com', but not on 'hunin' or 'munin', which should just
> > treat it as another remote host once that MX record is up.
>
> It needs to be in rcpthosts. Otherwise hunin and munin will reject the
> recipient during the SMTP conversation.

        They are designed to relay mail from the internal mail store to
the outside world, and vice versa.  So if I'm sending from
internal-mail.scansoft.com to, say, [EMAIL PROTECTED], it'll relay it
just fine, and microsoft.com isn't in the rcpthosts.

        So are you saying that because this is a special case for relaying
(i.e., does qmail automatically try to fold host.domain.com into
domain.com if it has domain.com in its rcpthosts?), or because you assume
the error message I've seen came from a host which wasn't allowed to relay
through the relays?

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Please note my new [EMAIL PROTECTED] address which will
        become my default address in March, and which works now.