On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Aaron L. Meehan wrote:
> with an NT mail server admin somewhere in Vancouver, WA, who's mail
> server was rejecting email with NULL return-paths.  I told him his

        It isn't just NT, sadly.  I believe the sendmail.cf that ships
with RedHat rejects NULL return-paths, also in the name of anti-spam.  (I
can't verify this because I don't have any vanilla sendmail.cf's around
for my Linux boxen...)

        Aaron, thanks for the RFC references.  I'll forward them to the
other admin and let him take it up with the vendor if he so chooses...

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Please note my new [EMAIL PROTECTED] address which will
        become my default address in March, and which works now.