Either do POP-before-SMTP, or run your SMTP relay on a port other than the
standard one.

--Adam

----- Original Message -----
From: Josh Murrah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 1999 1:11 AM
Subject: how to go about ralaying for POP3 users?

:
:I have a dilema : I'm doing web hosting, including POP3 accounts.  POP3
:users need to be able to receive mail from anywhere, and send mail through
:the SMTP server *to* anywhere, so I think that I'm going to have to allow
:relaying to anywhere.
:
:     First question : is there another way?  the POP3 users aren't tied to
:any specific ISP or anything, so there's no way to selectively allow
:domains/IPs to queue outgoing mail to other domains.
:
:     Second question : How do I turn the relaying on, for qmail?  I know
:this is a bad move, but there's not much I can do, unless somebody can
:answer the first question to my liking.
:
:Thanks much for responses,
:
:-Josh Murrah