On Wed, Jan 06, 1999 at 11:15:29PM +0100, Mirko Zeibig wrote:
> Sam wrote:
> > Yuck.  Use formail which comes with procmail, or reformail which comes with
> > maildrop, to properly twiddle your headers.  This is not the right way to
> > do it, and it will break sooner or later.
> ***
> | { echo "Newsgroups: local.announce" ; cat - | formail -c -k -X From:
> -X To: -X References: -X Message-ID: -X Mime-Version: -X Content-Type:
> -X Reply-To: -X Subject: -X CC: -X BCC: } | rpost localhost -M
> ***

You can also use

| formail -I"Newsgroups: local.announce" | formail -c -k -Xnewsgroups -Xto
-Xrefernces -Xmessage-id -Xmime-version -Xcontent-type -Xreply-to -Xsubject
-Xcc -Xbcc | rpost localhost -M

This is, IMO,  indeed better because it is foolproof, and requires no pattern
matching---or thinking at all.

BTWY, it would be nice if one could do the same thing with reformail.

---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis