I've written a perl module which provides maildir delivery to perl
programs.  Included are example mail sorting programs meant to be
invoked from .qmail or .qmail-default

I've made the module available at:

<ftp://triceratops.com/pub/software/john/Qmail-Maildir-0.31.tar.gz>

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

I've been using the example sorting programs for about a week now.

README follows:

     09 January 1999     John White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

DESCRIPTION
-----------

This is Qmail::Maildir 0.31

This module is designed to facilitate the usage and design of mail
filtering and sorting tools based upon perl which delivery to maildir,
a mailbox replacement protocol designed by Dan Bernstein.

By default, the constructor (new) and deliver() methods are exported.
Also available is the hardfail method for signalling delivery failure.

It is currently safe to instantiate a single maildir object per running
program using the Qmail::Maildir module.

Qmail::Maildir is Copyright(c) 1998,1999 John Carlos White
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
Permission is granted to distribute this software under Perl's
Artistic License.

PREREQUISITES
-------------

Build and install Perl 5.  You must also install the File::Sync module.

INSTALLATION
------------

tar -xvzf Qmail-Maildir-0.30.tar.gz
cd Qmail-Maildir-0.30
perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
make install

EXAMPLE
-------

use Qmail::Maildir;

$maildir->deliver();
my $maildirpath = @ARGV[0];
my $maildir = new Qmail::Maildir( $maildirpath );

$maildir->deliver();

Further examples on sorting and filtering mail based upon
sender or DEFAULT (from [EMAIL PROTECTED] using qmail)
are available in example-dot.pl and example-default.pl

AUTHORS
-------

John White is the author of Qmail::Maildir

Larry Wall wrote perl.

This README format is shamelessly stolen from Edmund Mergl
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

FURTHER INFORMATION:

maildir  by Dan Bernstein   http://pobox.com/~djb/proto/maildir.html

qmail    by Dan Bernstein   http://pobox.com/~djb/qmail.html