On Sat, Jan 09, 1999 at 05:15:07PM -0500, Paul Farber wrote:

> they check mail it would say downloading 1 of 16 but just hang.  I usually
> have to erase the msgs for mail to work agian.  I remember reading on the
> list about some eudora problems, but this is a later version (not sure,
> but it was written 96/97 timeframe).

I have similar problems with users who are no longer able to
download their mail and the mua (or is it qmail-pop3d ?) hangs
when retrieving a specific mail.

the specific mail usually contains a dot on a line by itself
which makes qmail-pop3d think, it had reached the end of the
message (or maybe the mua? i've seen the problem with netscape
as well as with microsoft products).

How is it possible for mails with these dots to appear in
emails? Shouldn't qmail care for a proper line-format?

has anybody found a solution to the problem?

--
mfg sven lankes
fon +49 2163 942107 / fax +49 2163 942109