We use elm and qmail.

Elm 2.4ME+ PL43 (25), of Jun, 1998

This is what elm does with the tmp file in /tmp for me (cfm):
 mbox.Mailbox-cfm

We set

MAIL_FILE       Mailbox

in login.defs (for linux PAM)

but you can also export MAIL=/full/path/to/Mailbox

Works smooth as a smelt.

cfm

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MaineStreet Communications, Inc        208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039