My first post to this group - I hope this is not a question that has been
asked before, but I could find it when I searched.

I'm trying to get qmail to route incoming mails from my ISP, pulled down by
fetchmail.  Mail is sent either to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or to my wife,
both of which are aliases for [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fetchmail passes mail over as simon.hampton@localhost  and I can teach
users/assign to tackle simon.hampton and deliver it linux user sim, but why
cannot I set up a .qmail file in ~alias to do this?  What is the aim of having
these two mechanisms for dealing with addresses that are direct user names on
my linux box?

Simon

 --
[EMAIL PROTECTED]