Hi all. Running on Redhat 5.2 with the 2.2.5 kernel upgrade.
Something went batty with qmail yesterday and I am not sure why.
Every time I tried to send a message the system would spawn multiple smtp and
queue processes. These would remain listed indefinitely and the message never
set.
I think it may have had something to do with the pop3d in inetd.
At any rate, it is operational again.

But, when I was trouble shooting the problem I moved and then blew away
/var/log/maillog.
I expected another to be created instantly. One did not appear, so I touch'd a
new one and it remains empty after a day. I ran a grep in the /var/log directory
and found no other logs for qmail operations. It was all running just fine
before I blew it away.

Does anybody know what I have done here? Where is the directive for the log
file?

-
Joseph R. Junkin                        Datafree Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                 http://www.datacrawler.com