Hi,

I just received above warning from the qmail list server.
Some of the messages (from April 1st) have been bouncing:

123.123.123.123 does not like recipient
remote host said [...] we do not relay

I forwarded the warning message to my provider asking for
an explanation.

This is the answer.

My provider has set up a primary mail server and several backup
servers. On of the backup servers is located in the domain of my
provider's provider! For any reason the qmail list server attempted a
delivery to the mail server with the lowest priority first
(that foreign server) and failed.

And according to my provider the primary within their own domain
was up and running that date. But in his next sentence he said,
that he has (just) adjusted the DNS entries.

This sounds a little bit strange to me, but I don't have the
necessary background.
Is such a scenario possible or not? Or could it be a malfunction
of the list server?

I don't like to be removed from mail lists due to badly configured
servers at my provider...

Thanks...Ralf