Are you SURE the domain is NOT listed in locals?  If it is, it could cause
this...

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Chris Hardie wrote:

> Greetings.  I'm experiencing an oddity with .qmail files in qmail-1.03.
>
> In /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains:
>
>    domain.com:user
>

> In the past, messages sent to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" were sent to
> ~user/.qmail-joe, and if that file didn't exist, they were bounced back to
> the sender.
>
> This still happens, except on one domain.  This domain is set up like all
> the others, with no detectable differences in configuration or
> permissions, but messages sent to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" are delivered to
> ~user/Mailbox
>
> If I put *no* .qmail files in ~user, all messages to any user are
> delivered to ~user/Mailbox    If I put a .qmail file in ~user, all
> messages are piped throgh that file, even if I add a ~user/.qmail-joe
> file, it still goes through ~user/.qmail.
>
> It's as if there's an invisible .qmail-default file at work, but I can't
> find what's causing this.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

> Chris Hardie            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       http://www.summersault.com/chris
>          great is the power of truth

James Smallacombe                    Internet Access for The Delaware
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        Valley in PA, NJ and DE
PlantageNet Internet Ltd.            http://www.pil.net
ISPF 2.0b, The Forum for ISPs by ISPs.  San Diego, CA, March 8-10 '99
Three days of clues, news, and views from the industry's best and
brightest. http://www.ispf.com for information and registration.