At 08:19 PM 4/16/99 -0700, Mark Delany wrote:
>It wasn't so much the blocking I was thinking of (and I confess ignorance on
>this front) it was on the basis that multiple processes are writing to the
>same pipe, thus a 2 byte write could get interspersed with another two byte
>write by another process.

Unless I'm not understanding something, qmail-send gets concurrencyremote
from only one process (qmail-rspawn). So there is only one process per pipe
(and several pipes: one descriptor for qmail-rspawn, one for qmail-lspawn,
one for qmail-clean,...).

qmail-rspawn is the one who deals with many processes (qmail-remote).

David.
David Villeger
(212) 972 2030 x34

http://www.CheetahMail.com