>I need a virtual domain to support more than one user using pop3d:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>My idea is to create one line in the virtualdomains file:
>abc.com:bob
>
>Then in bob's directory create .qmail-joe and in it add:
>/home/joe/Maildir/
>
>Joe's Maildir is setup and he has a .qmail file pointing to ./Maildir/
>although I don't think this is necessary.

Your problem is almost certainly that bob doesn't have write
permission in joe's Maildir.  Fortunately, he doesn't need it.  Rather
than trying to write in someone else's files, just forward the message
to joe so qmail will deliver mail to joe normally.  That is, in
~bob/.qmail-joe put:

&joe

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
[EMAIL PROTECTED], Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,