Yes, I'm replying to my own stuff... but it's for update purposes only!

[snip on qmail configuration...]

Everything I had listed was correct and working (thanks, all!!! ;-)
...but...

>And finally, this is what I have in /var/qmail/alias/envtest.pl:
>
>#!/usr/local/bin/perl

[proggie snip]

>foreach $quack (@ENV) {
> print Q "\$ENV - $quack = $ENV{$quack}\n";
>}

This little code fragment is supposed to print all of the environment
variables that are passed to perl from the .qmail file. Unforch, there are
none. I even modified the proggie in several ways trying to output explicit
environment variables hardcoded in the program... nothing flows.

I've changed the .qmail-frazzlespork-default file to read this:

|echo $SENDER>>/var/qmail/alias/zztest.txt
|/var/qmail/alias/envtest.pl

and $SENDER is accurately echoed & appended to the file.

What am I forgetting to get the environment variables passed to perl?

Thanks for your continuing help,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger
--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   ---   sysadmin, Iceberg Computers
Recycling is good, right???  Ok, so I'll recycle an old .sig.

If at first you don't succeed, nuclear warhead
disarmament should *not* be your first career choice.