Heiko Romahn writes:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I have a problem with qmail-1.03. And nobody I know could help me. Wenn I
 > poll my pop3-server with fetchmail an deliver these mails to qmail or
 > when I,m sending mails from my workstation to somone else, the mails
 > hang in the queue.
 >
 > qmail-qstat tells me something like 36 messages in queue, 36 messages
 > not yet preprocessed. Why? When I stop qmail and start it again the
 > mails will be delivered in a very small time. If I do not so, I could
 > wait several minutes for the mails.

Like ... twenty-five minutes?  Almost always that means that your
/var/qmail/queue/lock/trigger file is messed up.  Check to make sure
that the ownership and permissions match the following:

prw--w--w-   1 qmails   qmail           0 Apr 27 10:15 trigger

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://crynwr.com/~nelson