+ Doug McClure <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

| I changed the character in conf-break to + and have no earthly idea
| how to make lists work at this point (or any submailboxes).
| user-list fails; user+list fails.

I use conf-break = '+' too, and have no problems with that.  But
beware that the address user+list is controlled by ~user/.qmail-list
(and *not* ~uaser/.qmail+list).  If user does not exist, however, the
address would be controlled by ~alias/.qmail-user+list.

There is also a caveat in connection with virtual domains.

Assume you have

user.dom:user

in control/virtualdomains.  Mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] becomes mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (with a dash not a plus) and treated as local.
You can handle this with ~alias/.qmail-user-default.  Even if user
does exist, delivery will still not be handled by user because there
is no + after the user name.  The cure is simple:  Write instead

user.dom:user+virtual

and handle the mail with ~user/.qmail-virtual-default.

All this may look like madness at first glance, but there's system in't.

- Harald