Followed FAQ 5.5 explicitly. It made no changes to the header addresses - it
did create delivery failures. If there were other dependencies needed other
than section 5.5 the FAQ did not mention them.

I would assume this is straightforward issue. I doubt that millions are
spent on firewalls to protect information about your internal network - just
to advertise the host names and addresses in the email headers.

Any pointers appreciated.

d. divine

> Messages sent from the local network show the host's IP address and name
in
> the header. What setting will prevent internal network information being
sent
> over the internet (sending only the qmail host name, address and
> sender@domain.).

To really clean up, see FAQ 5.5 and filter the message through
formail (from procmail) or reformail (http://i.am/mrsam) before
qmail-inject. Both will let you delete certain headers or let
ony certain headers go through, AFAIK.

Stefan