I am having an odd problem routing a message to a pipe.

There is a file /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-eztest that contains:
|/home/arcamax/ezinesub
&[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The intent is to forward mail that ezinesub rejects to the specified user.
This works fine.  There are actually several identical alias files for
different lists.  However I was developing a new version of ezinesub and
created this .qmail-eztest to test it.  Not wanting to interfere with
ongoing operations I changed the first line of this one file to
|/home/bryan/bin/ezinesub
The file ownership and permissions were identical to /home/arcamax/ezinesub.
My problem that mail to this alias just sits in the queue.

If I move the program to /home/arcamax/ezsubbeta and change the alias
accordingly, it works.  I guess I can continue to do that but I would like
to understand why.

Any clues?

Bryan White
ArcaMax Inc.