On Sat, Jan 23, 1999 at 01:27:28AM +0800, Steve Vertigan wrote:

> the files in cur owned by root while fiddling with them.  Speaking of

This should not matter. As long as a user has write access in their
Maildir, they can even delete root-owned files. I often insert a root-owned
file into a user's maildir to manually send them some sort of message, like
perhaps a quota overflow. This way, I can insert the message at the 'top'
of their list, and also it does not use any of their quota. Finally, when
the POP their mail out, the root-owned warning message will also disappear.

> Netscape I applied the octets patch mentioned in the archives but compiling
> gives me
> qmail-pop3d.c: In function `pop3_top':
> qmail-pop3d.c:272: `foo' undeclared (first use this function)
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this?  The lines inserted are evidently
> puts("+OK ");
> foo[fmt_uint(foo,m[i].size)] = 0;
> puts(foo);
>
> puts(" octets \r\n");
> flush();

Oops. I also ran into this, and I remember declaring foo somewhere towards
the top of the file, somewhat like this:

char foo[128];

--
Anand