On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 01:53:16AM +0100, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
> - "Peter C. Norton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> | [ I'm sending this to the qmail list because the interaction of this
> | bug with sub-users in qmail is especially pronounced. ]
> |
> | I've been chasing down a stupid problem for a few days now,
>
> You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble had you read the qmail
> list traffic more.  (The subject line was ".qmail file oddities.")

qmail-getpw and freebsd didn't turn up anything in the searchable
archives, except for articles relating to replacing qmail-getpw with
an ldap-capable version.  Since qmail-getpw was where the symptoms
lay, and freebsd was the platform, I don't know if anyone else could
find the problem either.  Hopefully my message will turn up in a
search from now on.

> But I don't blame you for having missed it: There is so much traffic
> on the qmail list these days, I certainly don't read all of it anymore
> - and searching for pertinent information is becoming correspondingly
> more difficult, even if you have a local copy of the last couple of
> years' traffic as I do.  Maybe we need a different mechanism for
> keeping track of qmail-breaking bugs in operating systems.  A simple
> list, perhaps, with a prominent pointer to it to be kept at
> www.qmail.org.  Any ideas how to organize this, anybody?

A moderated list would be a good thing.

-Peter