John Conover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Is there a way of executing procmail do ~/.procmailrc, and if email
> is not rejected for a user, it is delivered into a ~/Maildir?
>
> BTW, eg., use my standard spam filter for users that want it, but
> want to fetch mail via POP3 in a Maildir.

If I understand you correctly, you want mail to be pumped through
procmail--and to be delivered to a maildir if it falls through all of
your procmail filters.

The qmail way to do that is to put something like this in your
.qmail-ext file:

   |preline procmail
   ./Maildir/

To make this work, your "rejecting" recipes must return exit code 99,
telling qmail to ignore the next instruction(s). Be aware that
procmail itself has a default delivery instruction, for mails that
"fall through", and you don't want to trigger it. A recipe like this,
as your last recipe, should do the trick:

   :0
   /dev/null

On the other hand, there is an easier way (YMMV). You can use the
patched procmail which can do maildir deliveries, and make your last
recipe a maildir delivery--or set $DEFAULT appropriately in the rc
file.

If you'd rather not use a patched procmail (my preference), there is a
program which does maildir delivery of messages posted on stdin--just
what you need. It's called "safecat", and it's available at the URL:
<http://www.pobox.com/~lbudney/linux/software/safecat.html>

To use it, make your last recipe the following:

   :0w
   |safecat $HOME/Maildir/tmp $HOME/Maildir/new

Used in this way, procmail+safecat should be as safe as qmail's own
maildir delivery.

Len.

--
45. Being to advise or reprehend any one, consider whether it ought to
be in publick or in Private; presently, or at Some other time in what