On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 10:49:13AM +0100, Martin Staael wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have this configuration - starting qmail-pop3d
>
> /usr/local/bin/tcpserver 0 110 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup qmail.xx.net \
> /bin/checkpassword /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d ./ &
>
> I have this user list that checkpassword should follow
>
> #xx: /var/qmail/users > cat assign
> =martin:martin:1120:0:/webdisk/mail/martin:::
> +martin-:martin:1120:0:/webdisk/mail/martin:-::
> .
>
> But when checkpassword chdir's into the users directory it follow the
> /etc/passwd file and NOT the users/assign file as it should. Why??

users/assign applies only to mail delivery. checkpassword never looks at it.

> Any fix to this - or any other programs that I can use?

There are different versions of checkpassword that use your own password file
instead of (or in addition to) /etc/passwd. See the checkpassword section of
www.qmail.org for various implementations. I use a checkpassword that uses a
separate poppasswd file after checking /etc/passwd for a system account.

Chris