Fred Backman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I'm having a problem compiling qmail v.1.00 on Linux Red Hat 5.2.

1.00 is ancient. It'll work, but you should install 1.03.

>./load qmail-inject hfield.o newfield.o datetime.o \
>date822fmt.o now.o signal.o quote.o token822.o control.o \
>headerbody.o qqtalk.o libenv.a libgetopt.a libgetline.a \
>libfd.a \
>libwait.a \
>libopen.a \
>libsubstdio.a libstralloc.a liballoc.a liberror.a libstr.a libfs.a
>/usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x36): undefined reference to `main'
>make: *** [qmail-inject] Error 1
>
>Anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

Sounds like your compiler and/or libraries aren't installed
correctly. Either way, it's a Red Hat problem, not a qmail problem, so
you might want to ask a bunch of Red Hat experts.

Have you ever compiled a program successfully on this box at 5.2? Did
you upgrade to 5.2, or was it a fresh install?

-Dave