"Brian Moon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>What part of 'I am changing from sendmail to qmail' isn't clear to you.

Ever heard that saying about not biting the hand that feeds you? If
you want my help, you probably shouldn't cop an attitude. I *did* use
a smiley, you know.

>INSTALL.mbox says:
>
>The basic procedure for switching to ~user/Mailbox is simple:
>
>   * Move each /var/spool/mail/user to ~user/Mailbox. For safety, do
>     this in single-user mode.
>
>   * As root, set up a symbolic link from /var/spool/mail/user to
>     ~user/Mailbox for each user. /var/spool/mail should be mode 1777,
>     so users will not be able to accidentally remove these links.
>
>Give me some credit here.

OK, so you moved the user's mailboxes to ~user/Mailbox and created the
symlinks in /var/spool/mail? And now /var/spool/mail is empty?
Strange.

Personally, I don't like the "symlinks in /var/spool/mail" method. I
blow /var/spool/mail away and convince the MUA's to look in
~/Mailbox.

-Dave