At 2:56 pm -0700 25/5/99,the wonderful Mahlon Smith wrote:
>Your permissions for your Maildir appear to be incorrect.
>Should read:
>drwx------   5 peter    users        1024 Mar 28 19:51 Maildir/
>
>Always best (and easiest) to create Maildirs with the supplied
>maildirmake command.
>(/var/qmail/bin/maildirmake   by default.)

hum, done that, deleted the old one and put in the new one...

one thing I notice is that in the DJB faq he uses this:

pop3 stream tcp nowait root /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup ice.gradwell.com
/bin/checkpassword
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir

where as in Dave's life with qmail he recomends this:

pop3 stream tcp nowait root /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup qmail-popup ice.gradwell.com
checkpassword
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir

- note the extra qmail-popup

??

thanks

peter.

--
peter at gradwell dot com; http://www.gradwell.com/
gradwell dot com Ltd. Enabling the internet you don't see.

** Cheap and easy ecommerce: http://www.gradwell.net/ **