Jason Haar writes:

> On Sat, May 29, 1999 at 01:37:29PM -0400, Sam wrote:
> hours" messages as bounces - it bumped me into djb's "possibly badaddress
> list" and some weeks later I got a monitoring message from ezmlm checking [...]
> considered a 4-hour warning to be a bounce... I mentioned it to Dan and he
> didn't think it was a problem. As it doesn't actually drop you from the list
> after a warning-bounce, it's probably not a bug - but a feature ;-)

Not a feature, maybe a bug. One ca argue that dealing optimally with any
stupidity is necessary. Others draw the line at rfcs.

If you care to specify exaclty how DSN messages that are not bounces look,
I can add it to the ezmlm-idx version of ezmlm-weed.

Again, the problem is the delivery notification. Who cares that some dumb
host was unable to deliver the message? It's pointless noise. When it comes
to the communication endpoints, E-mail is like UDP. Only a second E-mail
(reply from the recipient) gives the relevant info - that the recipient has
read the message and acted on it.

-Sincerely, Fred
Frederik Lindberg, Inf. Dis, WashU, St. Louis, MO