On Sun, 30 May 1999 11:09:55 -0400, Joe Mahan wrote:

>    Is it neccessary to use a "qmail format" mailing list to take
>advantage of concurrency? If so, I'll have to modify the perl script.
>I'd just like to know before I go twiddling all the knobs on qmail.

qmail gives you more reliability than sendmail. If you inject messages
faster than the connection time for delivery, qmail will outperform
sendmail.

Do you need to send individual messages? If not, send one message to
multiple recipients. This way, you queue one message and qmail delivers
it concurrently to many recipients. Also, there is much less work for
your perl script.

Even so, my bet is that the bottle neck is your perl script.

-Sincerely, Fred