I've got qmail-1.03 + fastforward running on a test machine,
and it seems to deliver mail properly.  We have a big
/etc/aliases (from sendmail) and would like to continue to
use it.

My first question:  Unless I'm misreading the FM, ~alias/.qmail-default
(where fastforward gets invoked) is only used AFTER local lookup in
the system /etc/passwd fails.  Sendmail tests for an alias first,
so you can overide delivery to a local user by having an entry
pointing somewhere else.  Would I be correct in saying the only
way I could get an /etc/aliases lookup with fastforward for an
existing local user is to somehow disable their account, like by
chaning the ownership of their home directory?  Is there any other
way around this?

One common entry we have in our /etc/aliases is something like...

localuser:      localuser,[EMAIL PROTECTED]

so that a local user gets a copy of all of their email at work as
well as on our machine.  Is there some way to make this work in
fastforward? It would appear that since localuser is local and
has a deliverable home directory, it won't.

Another question is about file delivery.  We have a few entries
like this...

sales:  salespersona, salespersonb, /var/spool/sales-archive

since fastforward support program delivery, is there anything
obvious we could use (say, like binmail or procmail) to deliver
to that would keep a copy (mailbox styles, and provide some
locking to prevent multiple instances from stomping on each other)?

And the final question seems to have been asked many times on the
mailing list, but I haven't seen a concise answer.  Some of our
usernames (and aliases) have dashes (hypens) in them.  They seem
to work correctly in the password file (longest match) but not
/etc/aliases.  Can this be fixed by changing conf-break, to, say
a ":"?  What else will this effect?

Thanks!

(I'd appreciate it if you would CC me on any replies to the list.)

--
Aaron Nabil