Could it be the IMAP server? I have several people (including myself)
running Outlook Express 4.72 which also wants an "Inbox" and I'm not getting
any errors. Our setup is qmail 1.03 with the patched for maildir UW Imap
server running both Maildirs and Mailboxs.

As for the suggestion of a non MS client, I've looked at eudora and a few
others and they are actually worse. Eudora blows for Imap. It always wants
to show every file in the users dir even the . files. I was able to work
around it by editing by hand eudora's local mboxlst.lst file but as soo as I
tried to refresh the folder list everything came back. So I'd be real
interested in a REAL suggestion as to what windows IMAP client to run.

--Dave