This question has come up before on this list but I have not been able
to find a clear answer in the archives.

I tried to mail a friend at domain that only had an MX record.

i.e.

   #nslookup -query=A site1.com
   Server:  localhost
   Address:  127.0.0.1

   *** localhost can't find site1.com: Non-existent host/domain

   # nslookup -query=mx site1.com
   Server:  localhost
   Address:  127.0.0.1

   Non-authoritative answer:
   site1.com        preference = 15, mail exchanger = mailin1.site2.com
   site1.com        preference = 15, mail exchanger = mailin2.site2.com

   site1.com        nameserver = ns1.site2.com
   site1.com        nameserver = ns2.site.com
   site1.com        nameserver = ns3.site2.com
   ns1.site2.com       internet address = 207.xxx.aaa.43
   ns2.site2.com       internet address = 204.xxx.bbb.3
   ns3.site2.com       internet address = 207.xxx.ccc.5

So when I mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] I get the class delivery failure:

....: failure: Sorry,_I_couldn't_find_any_host_named_site1.com>._(#5.1.2)/

So.... my question is:

Is it my qmail configuration that is at fault or is my friends DNS entry
all buggered. It would seen that qmail did not get to the MX record to
find the right delivery address.

I have no entries in the smtproutes file. I tried puting a manual
route for site1.com:mailin1.site2.com but go a relay failure.

So what gives?

Thanks for the help.

Anthony