"Jeffrey D. Gordon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    I'm having a bit of difficulty with qmail ignoring the
>    virtualdomains file in /var/qmail/control
>
>    I've got the domain (and MX record) set accordingly to point to
>    the box, however when I send mail to (example)
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED] I get a no such mailbox error. However
>    I can send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and it
>    succeeds.

I strongly discourage the use of examples when trying to debug
configurations. If you just cut'n'paste config files and error
messages, there's no chance of losing potentially valuable
information.

What *exactly* does your virtualdomains contain, in its entirety?
Better yet, was does qmail-showctl say?

What *exactly* is in "~alias/.qmail-testingdomain-testing"?

What *exactly* do your log files say when you conduct a test?

-Dave