-----Original Message-----
From: Russell P. Sutherland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Russell Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wednesday, June 16, 1999 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: Suggestion: qmail-unqueue

>On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 01:11:45PM -0000, Russell Nelson wrote:
>> Russell P. Sutherland writes:
>>  > On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 11:59:45AM -0000, Russell Nelson wrote:
>>  >
>>  > > I agree, though, that such a program is needed.  Hopefully it's on
>>  > > Dan's TODO list for qmail 2.0.
>>  >
>>  > I'm hoping to meet him for coffee today at 10:00. Perhaps
>>  > I'll ask him if he is approachable.
>>
>> Cool.
>
>He is cool. :^) At least alot "user friendly" than people
>perceive him to be from his posts to the list.

Good to hear it;)

>We chatted about several items, and I brought up Peter's request
>for a qmail-unqueue (I explained that this would be
>a command that would be run manually). In summary:
>
> - No plans for anyting for qmail 1.0x. He wondered
>   that if this measure was needed, might there
>   be several other items w.r.t. the system that would
>   need checking/fixing.

It's not that it was so badly needed. I had a problem with a remote site
that messed up its primary MX configuration so mail to that site stayed in
the queue. I briefly considered doing a script that would send it to the
(functional) secondary MX instead. I also recently picked up a script
(qmHandle) from the qmail homepage that could erase messages from the queue.
It had to stop and restart qmail to achieve that.

It seemed that qmail-unqueue would provide a natural extension to the
current programs solving such matters in a more elegant way.

> - the new spiffy qmail 2.0 queue structure will
>   lend itself to doing this type of thing more easily
>   than with the current release.

I can't wait (and not just because of this feature)!

Thanks for asking...

Regards,
Peter van der Landen