L.S,

The following section is from the Installing & Configuring page of the Cyrus
IMAP server:

>8.LINUX SYSTEMS ONLY: Set the configuration, user, quota, and partition
>directories to update synchronously.
>    Failure to do this may lead to data corruption and/or loss of mail
>after a system crash.
>
>       cd /var/imap
>       chattr +S . user quota
>       chattr +S /var/spool/imap
>
>    Also set the queue directory of the mail daemon to update
>synchronously. The following example is for sendmail:
>
>       /sbin/chattr +S /var/spool/mqueue

Should I conclude from this that somehow Linux is extra vulnerable to queue
corruption (there's no such instruction for other OS'es). If so, why doesn't
Dan (who I know as a very careful person) recommend this?

Is it a good idea to apply this +S attribute to the Qmail queue directory?
Would it have a high impact on performance?

Best regards,
Peter van der Landen