I've installed the Memphis RPM. I didn't even know that at first. I just
took thought it was the RPM listed at the top of www.qmail.org.

Well, looking at the file Installing Qmail on Redhat Linux at
http://qmail-docs.surfdirect.com.au/docs/redhat.html

it says the following.

/etc/rc.d/init.d/qmail-qmail-pop3d.init is provided to manage a POP daemon.
However, this is untested and needs to modified in order to work.

Ok, that's true, it doesn't work. Does anyone know what modifcations he is
referring to? Should I remove the qmil-pop3d.init file and start pop-3
myself in my qmail startup script?

Also, should it work like this?
I have a user account alex with a password.
If I specify my hostname (what is returned when I execute hostname),
username, and password in a normal pop account, I should be able to connect
and read my mail, right?

Alex Miller