Well, from what I've gleaned by reading this list, Crispin has no interest in
supporting maildirs because he has a grudge against either qmail or djb.

Besides that, it's obvious that he's not interested in improving his product.
He doesn't even use autoconf for god's sake..  When I compile PINE on debian
I have to manually edit the makefile so that it compiles with ncurses instead
of termcap..

--Adam