On 1999-07-02 at 11:09:56, Van Liedekerke Franky wrote:
> I have a small question about the databytes control file:
> does a mail first get stored on local disk before the size is checked?

No, qmail-smtpd checks it continously while passing the message data to
qmail-queue.  As soon as it founds itself bumping into the limit, it
reports and error to the client, and qmail-queue will abort the message,
so qmail won't allow a single message to use significantly larger space
than you allow.

(Or a least, that's how the source looks to me.)

--
Janos - Don't worry, my address is real.  I'm just bored of spam.