Very Easy... depending on your level of skill.

If you follow the directions in the tarball exactly (read EVERYTHING first,
especially the FAQ) you can do it first try.

I run the same system for an ISP mail server and it works, FLAWLESSLY.

Outlook Express on Win98 are no problem.

You should definitely read at http://Web.InfoAve.Net/~dsill/lwq.html by
Dave Sill.

qmail is an excellent program in every sense of the word. It is fast,
reliable, modular, and once you get used to the differences in the way it
operates: (many small programs that interoperate) vs monolithic program
(Sendmail), you'll find that it is much more flexible as well.

If you need ANY pointers, email me privately and I'll talk you through
them, unless you'd like to make any such messages public for the
edification of others in your shoes. If you got Samba working with Win98
clients relatively easily, you shouldn't have much trouble with qmail.

At 12:35 PM 7/2/99 , you wrote:
>I would like to set up a local mail server to service win98 boxes each
>running outlook express. This is in an attempt to stop the office paper
>chase. I am using RedHat 5.2 (2.0.36 kernel) with Samba  for file and print
>sharing on the network. I have qmail installed but am not using it.
>How easy would it be to implement a local mail system with qmail?
>Regards,
>Stephen

NovaMetrix Development
Robbie Walker, head muckety-muck