On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Anil Jangity wrote:
> My question is (actually I got a couple), I will be having virtual hosts
> and I want to have user-level From: fields instead of it using the
> defaulthost for all of the users.
>
> Meaning user bob maintains virtual domain, hi.com. When he sends email
> using
> any of the MUAs I want it to say From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] instead of the
> local name from control/defaulthost. I can set user-domain=hi.com in
> pinerc but i want to be able to do this with .qmail itself.
In /etc/profile (or an equivalent), set the environment variables MAILUSER
and MAILHOST appropriately.
> I have tried to modify it to call maildir2mbox before it checks for new
> email but it wasn't successfull. Is there a patch to login/qmail that can
> check if you have recevied new email or not?
In /etc/profile (or an equivalent), check if there is anything in
$HOME/Maildir/new.