Dan Poynor wrote/schrieb/scribsit:
> I nuked anything that smelled of sendmail. Trying to avoid it's ghost also.
> qmails Sendmail requirements seem redundant to me. That is I don't want to
> create sendmail symbolic links when it's not necessary.

/usr/{lib,sbin}/sendmail is _the_ API for mail injection on UNIX systems.

> Perhaps a future FAQ item could mention form mail sending injects to
> /var/qmail/bin/sendmail.

Now, why should they? With symlinks in /usr/lib and /usr/sbin, nothing
must be changed, which is a Good Thing. qmail's native API for mail
injection is the qmail-queue interface.

> Now I see someone is saying it should be /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject. Are
> these the same thing?

No, /var/qmail/bin/sendmail implements the sendmail API. It knows how
to execute qmail-inject or qmail-smtpd [1] with appropriate parameters
depending on its invocation.

Stefan
[1] exec'ing qmail-smtpd to emulate sendmail's 'SMTP-on-stdin' mode
is pretty damn elegant, BTW