> > I'm not convinced that we can't find an alternate solution, but it would
> > be nice if the solution was to make /home a "faster" filesystem.
>
> hmm.. unsing the INBOX in a hashed maildir style way should be enough.. what
> imapd are you running?

Well, it's not "are".  If I'm not mistaken, it was a patched UW server.  I
think I looked at qmail-imap-0.2 also, but it's warning that most of the
IMAP protocol was unimplemented scared me away at the time.

I just noticed that www.qmail.org now lists an "improved" UW patch page,
and a different UW patched server.  I'm pretty sure that neither of those
is what we used.

I was wondering at one point if there was a way to "hash" the messages in
the Maildir (somewhat like qmail's queue directory) to prevent having many
thousands of messages in a single directory.  I assume that this isn't
part of the maildir spec, right?

Troy